Scouts were able to:
1. Take a quiz to assess their car smarts before the workshop began.
2. Go on a virtual field trip to learn about car maintenance from mechanics at a repair shop.
3. Identify basic maintenance and safety parts of their own car using a checklist.
4. Explore how crash test dummies work and 2 car safety sites to research crash test scores and car safety features in order to compare the safety ratings of 2-3 cars of their choice.
5. Brainstorm safe solutions to common car safety scenarios specific to female drivers.
6. Create a hazardous road driving tip sheet to share with others.
7. Review the procedures to follow in these car emergencies; dead battery, flat tire, stuck in snow or mud, and after an accident.
8. Compare and contrast gas, hybrid, and electric cars for fuel efficiency.
9. List ways to drive more fuel efficiently.
10. Calculate gas mileage in their own car.