Your Dream Job!
Charles Schulz unh-ed604.wikispaces.com
1) DO THIS --> Think about....
2) DO THIS -->
What career might be a good match for you?
By Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency-
This one has ads-
3) DO THIS -->
Choose a career that interests you from the activity in #2 and figure out how much you would take home as a pay check each month. * Write this amount down; you will need it for Station 3 also.
You can research the salary online. Here are some example websites that can help you find salary information:
4) DO THIS -->
Next, you need to take the salary and subtract taxes and benefits from the total.
This is your "take-home" pay, or what your pay check amount will be.
This will help you budget for your dream life!
To do this, visit this website to discover your monthly pay check amount (Check out helpful hints below link):
Helpful Hints for selecting information for the Part III website activity:
1. Annual Income = How much your career earns in a year.
2. Pay Frequency- Change to "Monthly"
3. File Status- Do you think you will be single (not married)? Do you plan to be married and share finances with your spouse= file jointly , or will you keep your finances separate= "married, filing separately".
4. Federal Allowances= For simplicity...How many kids do you plan to have at this time? Put that number here.
5. Other monthly deductions= Leave at $500. This is donations to your retirement fund and/or social security funds and some medical programs etc.
6. State Tax rate- Click on link to find out the percentage for your state.
7. City tax rate- Just leave blank.
5) DO THIS -->
Please answer these questions & share with someone:
1. What career did you choose?
2. What was a typical yearly salary (or monthly)?
3. What is your actual "take home" paycheck amount per month? (This is your monthly budget or what you have to spend!)