Objectives reached in this workshop-
- 1. Know the names and how to use everything in a typical first aid kit.
- 2. Understand and can role play preventive and first aid care for many common illnesses and injuries that can happen when caring for younger children. This includes demonstrating stopping bleeding, first aid for choking and CPR.
- 3. Can explain and put into practice how to prevent and aid in serious outdoor wilderness illnesses and injuries, particularly in a desert environment.
- 4. Can explain how to safely assess a situation as a first responder, identify and give first aid for shock.
- 5. Can explain how to identify and give first aid for the cold related injury, hypothermia.